I’ve decided to take a bit of a break from blog awards, but when I’m nominated for awards I’ll answer the questions posed to me in this 20(ish) questions format. I’ll also throw in assorted question tags ands the like. Feel free to join in the fun with your own answers to any or all of the questions 🙂
Questions from A Guy Called Bloke and Doodlepip’s Adventures
- How DO YOU fold a fitted sheet? With a great many swear words.
- What is REALLY meant by the phrase ‘Love is in the air?’ Aerosolized chlamydia perhaps?
- What was the weirdest, strangest and most mysterious phone call you ever took or made? I feel like I should have a good answer to this, but I don’t. The other day I had a call show up on my call display as being from Malaysia. That was pretty random, but I figured it was some kind of scam thing so didn’t answer.
- This is a real mystery – would you rather be ugly as sin and live forever or look as attractively sexy as was possible, but die in a year? I don’t want to live forever regardless, so I pick die in a year even if it was combined with ugly as sin.
- Ok, ok, here’s the cliff hanger – you are offered £$/100,000 to eat a bowl of mixed bugs – you know crunchy mealworms, slimy earthworms, buzzing crickets, wrinkly woodlice and moist maggots and the list goes on – would you eat it and be richer or not? I am going to do the world a favour and not pass on the pictorial adventure that Rory included in his post… But anyway, no. I’m not in sufficiently dire need of money that I could be convinced to go for that.
More from A Guy Called Bloke from round #4 of his quick fire series
- What Makes Us, Us? I think my guinea pigs would say it’s how we smell.
- What’s the best thing to have happened in your day so far? The sun is shining.
- We say no regrets, but we all have them. is there something in your life that you regret not doing? Too many to pick one.
- Ok, the heroes are handing out super powers, what’ll you pick for yourself? The ability to eat cheeseburgers and cheesecake frequently with no negative consequences.
- Fess up, if walking down the street at night and people’s curtains are open and the house lights are on, do you take a furtive glance in? Why furtive? I’d say go for the full-on stare.
- What is one word that defines your personality to a tee? I would go for a tee-(shirt) that says Back The Fuck Off. It’s more than one word, but I’m ok with that.
- What is your biggest fear? Being totally alone with no money and the only food option was the bowl of mixed bugs.
- Age old question, but if the words you spoke appeared on your skin, would you say half the stuff you do? I would probably say nothing at all, except perhaps expletives.
- Ok, ok, you are back at school, and the the groups are looking for new members, what clique would fit you well? Eww, yuck, now there’s an awful thought. I guess whichever was geekiest.
- What is your best music genre of all time? 80’s pop
- You find yourself with a difficult decision – you are to be abandoned on an island in the middle of nowhere and are allowed five items only – what do you take and why? So I’m assuming there’s no wi-fi in the middle of nowhere… In which case, paper, pen, toilet paper, matches, and marshmallows.
- How do you spend your free time? On my computer writing and reading blogs
- How many hours sleep a night do you need? 8-9 optimally
- How many hours sleep a night do you actually get?? Usually 5-7.
- If you were in an ultimate position of power and the leeway to do three profound things – what would you do? Since absolute power corrupts absolutely, probably something not very nice. Perhaps banish stupid people to an island with nothing but bowls of bugs to eat…
- Have you ever danced in the rain or tangoed in Paris? Neither, alas, but maybe I need to rethink my bucket list…
- What question do you most positively, absolutely hate to answer? Anything related to what I do for work. Refer back to the Back The Fuck Off t-shirt.
- What are three of your most favourite words? onomatopoeia, cockamamie, and a new favourite is hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
- What are three of your least favourite words? panties (I don’t know why it bugs me so much, but it does) and words used by young whippersnappers these days that make me feel old because I don’t know what they mean, like “lit” and “woke”.
Questions from Topics With Passion:
- Why did you start blogging? I had quite a bit of time on my hands and was feeling aimless, so I thought blogging would be therapeutic. And it has been!
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? I don’t know that I’d do anything right away. Right now there’s nothing buy-able that I can see creating a major positive change in my life. I’d be more interested in saving it so I’d have long-term financial security. Yes, I’m boring, and I’m okay with that 😉
- What is the worst purchase you ever made? Not sure, but maybe the ski pass I ended up hardly using at all. Or the cumulative amount of clothing I bought and rarely wore.
- If you were given a one-minute ad slot during the Super Bowl that you couldn’t sell, what would you fill it with? Guinea pigs playing. Guinea pigs dancing while riding on the backs of llamas, followed by a yak doing the funky chicken.
- What fictional place would you most like to go? Green Gables, as in Anne of Green Gables. I loved how creatively she named all the little backwoods nooks and crannies.
Come on, you know you want to answer a few – that’s what the comments section is for!
Image credit: qimono on Pixabay