Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- It was good to get home on Sunday from my visit to Grandma’s. I love her, but it was a stressful visit.
- I’ve had some sort of respiratory tract infection that left me short of breath and exhausted for the first half of the week. I was too tired to be all up in my head, so I guess that’s something. The last couple days I’ve been feeling better.
- I heard weird noises coming from my living room, and when I went to check, there was a bird (a swallow, I believe) in the room! My windows all have screens so it must have flown down the chimney. Luckily it was hanging out near the sliding door to the balcony, so it didn’t take too long to get it out.
- Had a tough home visit with the client. His daughter let me in and then went to go get him. As I was getting my stuff out of my nursing bag I managed to cut my finger. I was rushing to get a bandaid on it before the client came into the room and saw me bleeding, and that turned up the volume on my lithium-related tremor, which made me feel very self-concscious… Note to self, take propranolol before seeing clients even if my tremor doesn’t seem that bad beforehand.
- I watched an interesting webinar on the dissociative subtype of PTSD as part of my plan to do a continuing education activity once a month.
- Had a massage, and rediscovered Jugo Juice as a place for a yummy and healthy (albeit pricey) treat.
- It was haircut day for the guinea pigs, and they were highly unimpressed.
- It’s been a productive week for reading. I managed to finally finish reading a book that’s been annoying me for the past 3 months. Then I starting on a book that I deliberately chose because I knew it would annoy me, and managed to read the whole thing in a few days.
How has your week been?
Image credit: Rawpixel on Pixabay