Rules: This version of the Liebster Award has five rules. They are:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask them 11 questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
Questions from A Guy Called Bloke round 1:
1. What breaks and never falls and what falls and never breaks? dawn and water
2. A farmer had 752 sheep and took one shot that got them all. How did he do it? Some crazy Russian 190-proof vodka.
3. What’s your favourite morning drink? tea with milk, no sugar
4. What is your favourite number plus 16 times 5 minus 7? That would depend on if you do those calculations sequentially or if 16×5 is calculated first. Ah, memories of math class…
5. Well done, you have made it onto the local baseball team, which position are you? The person drinking cider out of a water bottle in the dugout.
6. What will your favourite colour resemble once you have added pink, green and orange? I feel like I had that outfit in neon when I was a kid in the 80’s.
7. All-time favourite sweet/candy’ … why? Reese’s peanut butter cups, and if you need to ask why then that’s just a whole other issue.
8. You are offered a meal out at a restaurant of your choice, what do you pick? A local chain called White Spot that has yummy burgers. Simple pleasures…
9. Who comes first? A close friend in need or a distressed family member? That wound depend on my non-existent magic eight-ball.
10. If animals could talk – who would be the rudest species? Camels. They’re grumpy motherfuckers.
11. Which is the best head wear style to date? If you’re not Canadian you might have to Google this, but the combo of hockey helmet and Jaromir Jagr’s mullet. Gets me tingly all over just thinking about it.
Questions from a Guy Called Bloke round 2:
- When wearing socks, which foot do you dress first? That depends whether the foot is being dressed in slippers or sky high heels.
- If we count sheep to fall asleep, what do they count? Guinea pigs.
- Why do we HAVE to keep up with the Joneses? I would like to throw rubber chickens at the Jones.
- What is the ‘secret of success?’ Big Mac sauce.
- What would be better than the fountain of youth? The fountain of chocolate.
- How much do you exercise and does it help? Does lifting cup of tea to mouth count?
- Why do they say ‘drown your sorrows’ – what happens if they can swim? They might be able to swim, but depending on how massive the shitstorm is, those poor buggers might not make it.
- How do we truly know that the world we live in is the real one and that we are NOT just the finger tip of some giant? I’d be more inclined to think a wart on said giant’s ass.
- If you had one week left of life as we know it, how would you live it? I would eat and drink the most unhealthy yummy things I could come up with.
- Jolly Green Giant and the Big Friendly Giant are fighting over beans, who is going to win. The Friendly Giant.
- … and why? Because he would lull the other two into such a peaceful state that they’d hand the beans right over.
Questions from Bipolar Barb:
- What is your favorite holiday, and why? The one that I happen to work and get paid double time for.
- Do you prefer to travel or stay close to home? These days I prefer to not leave my cave.
- What’s in your fridge? Well, what’s maybe kind of gross in my fridge is fish sauce that’s been in there for a whole lotta years. I figure there’s so much salt and chemical stuff in there that it’ll last until the end of time.
- How many e-mail addresses do you have? 2 work, 1 blog, 1 alumni, and 3 personal.
- Do you have any siblings? How many? One younger brother. He’s 3 years younger but he’s more millennial and I’m more gen-x (I think those are the right terms, but I’m kinda out to lunch about that sort of thing).
- What is one thing you cannot live without? copious amounts of water
- Do you like to cook? yes but I’m lazy at the same time
- Would you rather lose an arm or a leg? That would depend on whether I could choose which arm
- What is your favorite thing about summer? Sun, sun, and more sun!
- If you won $1 million playing the lottery, what would you do? Save it. Sounds boring, but if my genetics have anything to do with it I’m not dying anytime soon.
- Where did you grow up? Oliver, a little town of around 4000 in western Canada. Now they have good wineries there, but back in the day there was sweet bugger all.
Questions from Being Bipolar:
- If you could do it again, would you choose the same path or take another one? I would be living in a yurt in Kyrgyzstan married to a yak.
- What sort of music do you like? Mostly pop, i guess. Although I suppose in the yurt it’ll be the snuffly noises of the yak.
- Do you see the glass half full or empty? It varies, but mostly empty.
- What is your passion? I think my passion got run over by Kim Jong Un’s secret green train.
- Do you have a “bucket list”? I did, and it consisted of travel destinations. But it will be no longer required once I’m living in yurtland.
- Is creating something concrete or abstract, therapeutic for you? I think it’s most helpful when I try to fit my mental diarrhea in some sort of more concrete form.
- If you could take only one book with you, which one would it be? I feel like I should pick something profound, but instead I’m going to go with Pride and Prejudice.
- Does the weather affect your moods? Yes, to some extent. When it’s dark and rainy for days on end it’s hard to see any glimmer of light.
- Are you more of a cat or dog person? I am a guinea pig person!
- Do you have a tendency to drive fast or slow? Fast. I’m lucky I’ve only ever gotten a few speeding tickets.
- What is your most meaningful dream? I rarely remember my dreams, so I think my most meaningful is probably locked away in my subconscious.
My nominees: I hope you’ll join in the fun, but no pressure! Feel free to pick whatever questions were posed to me that grab your attention the most.
- Lavender and Levity
- Searching For My Inner Zen
- The Empathy Queen
- 4 M’s Bipolar Mom
- Beauty and Bipolar
- My Wellbeing and Learning Journey
- Invisibly Me
- Anxious Elephant
- Personal Growth & Success Blog
- Jason Castellani
- Be All You Were Meant to Be