Something mysterious is in the air… I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Midsummer Daydreamer, Discovering Your Happiness, The Colour of Madness, Girl With the Paw Print Tattoo, and A Guy Called Bloke and Doodlepip’s Adventures. Thank you all so much! ❤️
Why Was the Mystery Blogger Award created?
“I created the award because there are a lot of amazing blogs out there that haven’t been discovered, yet. And, most of these blogs deserve recognition. For that reason, I decided to create my own award; and nominate people who can also nominate others; and so on. This is one of the best ways to create a friendly community and build a link between bloggers in the blogosphere; as everyone gets nominated and they too can spread the fun by nominating more people for the award.” – Okoto Enigma
Mystery Blogger Award Rules:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 things about me:
- I have ridden several kinds of animals: horse, donkey, camel, elephant, and dolphin
- I have tried sky diving, bungee jumping, and parasailing.
- I don’t like onions, which is annoying because they’re everywhere.
Questions from Midsummer Daydreamer:
- What game or movie universe would you most like to live in? For the most part video games haven’t been my thing, but I liked playing Legend of Zelda on my brother’s Super Nintendo because I thought the Zelda universe was cool.
- What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years? Given my potty mouth, probably something along the lines of “What the fuck is going on?”
- What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch? My ex used to like watching the show Robot Chicken. I found it so obnoxious I couldn’t even be in the same room it was on.
- What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives? Visit a foreign country.
- What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of? Snapchat. Maybe it’s because I’m too old, but I just don’t get it.
Questions from Discovering Your Happiness:
- What is your 2018 goal? I’d like to go on a trip to Europe.
- What is one of your biggest accomplishments? I’m proud of getting my masters degree in psychiatric nursing.
- If you could pack up & move, where would you go? I’d stay in Canada, but maybe move to a farm in a rural area.
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? I truly have no idea. I feel like my life is too uncertain to predict that far in advance.
- What is one of your biggest fears? In a physical sense spiders, and in a psychological sense bering unable to feel safe.
Questions from The Colour Of Madness:
- How do you see a glass, half full or half empty? I would likely drink it very quickly, so it would be just plain empty.
- What do you prefer, to read a book or to listen to music? Read a book. I like music in the car, but otherwise prefer quiet.
- What do you like most about mother nature? The random assortment of amazing things all thrown in together.
- What is your favorite movie? Dirty Dancing. No one puts Baby in a corner!
- What do you like most about traveling? Almost everything, so instead I’ll answer the things I don’t like: assorted nasty bathroom situations, and various intestinal beasties that necessitate frequent trips to those nasty bathrooms situations.
Questions from Girl with the Paw Print Tattoo:
- What actor/actress would you want to play you in a film about your life? I’ll say Natalie Portman/Keira Knightley/Anne Hathaway. Somehow, despite the fact that they are all 3 distinct people with very minimal resemblance to each other, in my mind they are fused into one. And therefore I can’t pick just one.
- You have just woken up from being cryogenically frozen. What is your first question? Where’s my cup of tea?
- What type of movie would your life be? Romance? Drama? Comedy? Horror? I wish my life was a cheesy 80’s movie, but in reality, if I Google lists of most boring movies they’re all more interesting than my life right now. So even though I’ve never seen it and am going entirely based on Elaine’s reaction in Seinfeld, I’ll say something along the lines of the English Patient.
- What TV channel doesn’t exist but really should? The all guinea pigs all the time channel!
- If you were famous, what would you want to be famous for? Kicking some serious mental health stigma ass.
Questions from A Guy Called Bloke:
- If you were trapped on an isolated hilltop after your plane had crashed with your family and friends, would you resort to starvation or cannibalism? Probably starvation, not so much out of some kind of moral stance but more a matter of major ick factor.
- If your best friend had murdered someone would you help bury the body? Depends on how likely I thought it would be that I’d get found out for aiding and abetting (and speaking of which, is there actually a difference between aiding and abetting?)
- Do you ever wonder – what next – after the end of your time? if so, what is next? I’m hoping for nothing. One life is plenty.
- You know in the movies when the victims are being chased by the terrible nasty and they hit them, and think they are dead, but look back and discover the body gone?? If this was YOU how would you ensure the thing stays dead? I’ll go with Tesla’s death ray; I googled death ray because I thought it sounded like a thing, and turns out it (except not really).
- What’s the meanest thing you have ever hoped would happen to someone ……….. eh?? I feel like it might be breaking some sort of law to tell the truth on this one, so I’ll go all Ronny Jackson on y’all and plead the Fifth.
My nominees: Please don’t feel pressured to do an award post. If you do decide to join in the fun, pick the 5 questions from among those that I was asked that grab you the most.
- A Journey in Words
- Mentally Strong with Physical Brawn
- Mental Health Advocate
- My Life with Anxiety
- Borderline, Not Broken
- Beautiful Gift
- My Bipolar Madness
- Thriving Through Bipolar
- Speaking Bipolar
- Wallflower’s Plight
Thanks again to Midsummer Daydreamer, Discovering Your Happiness, The Colour of Madness, Girl With the Paw Print Tattoo, and A Guy Called Bloke and Doodlepip’s Adventures for nominating me. ❤️ Please check out all of the blogs I’ve linked to in this post, because they’re all well worth a read!