Here’s what happened in my life over the past week.
- I worked very little this week.
- My body hasn’t been all that happy with me. I’ve been dizzy, which my massage therapist thinks might be related to tension in my neck. I’ve gotten out for walks most days but I get tired quickly and am pretty slow-moving.
- It has been nice and spring-like, and it’s so much easier to be mindful when there are birds singing and tree blossoms and flowers.
- My goal was to finish reading the book Radical Acceptance, and I did that (look out for a review coming soon).
- Had my regular weekly massage, and went to one yoga class.
- Made some progress in reframing a trigger word, and felt good about that accomplishment.
- Both my optometrist and my massage therapist casually asked how work is going. I gave short bland answers, but it’s something that tends to stir up a lot of shit for me, because my current situation is very much limited by the bully who tried his damnedest to destroy my career.
- Speaking of which… I did my first 2 writing sessions on the second version of my trauma account. It’s both easier and harder at the same time.
- I got a phone call from the SPCA asking for a donation. I used to make regular donations, and I’ve adopted all my guinea pigs from them. I didn’t know how to get off the phone. The lady blathered away for a while, then asked for money. I said no, I can’t. She then kept right on talking, but all I could think of was how the heck I was going to extricate myself. The solution that came to mind was to just hang up. So that’s what I did. And fine, that’s the best option I could come up within that moment, but I wish a more polite option could have felt more available.
- Had another reminder of how far apart my parents and I have grown. It makes me feel very tired.
So that’s about it. How has your week been?