Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- My energy has been low, but I’ve tried to just push through it. It’s been most noticeable when I’ve been out for walks, and even a short walk is really tiring.
- I finished the first version of my trauma account.
- I got my balcony garden planted.
- I’ve made good progress on spring cleaning.
- I found out my massage therapist will be moving in a couple months to a clinic in another city, so I’ll have to get comfortable with a new therapist.
- There were things a couple of people said that were triggering, but I was able to let it bother me for a while and then let it go. I’m trying to wrap my head around the idea that someone responding in a lukewarm way to something I’ve said doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a rejection of me as an entire person.
- One of my employers is really shitty. I work casual, and under the union contract shifts are supposed to get offered to casuals in order of seniority. I’ve discovered that there are shifts over the next couple of weeks that I should have been offered, but they just didn’t call me. This has happened before, and I complained to the union, but they couldn’t be bothered following up on it. At this point I don’t think it’s worth the stress that it would cause me to pursue it.
- One of my favourite clothing stores was having a good sale, so I decided to indulge in some pretty spring dresses. I do almost all of my clothes shopping online because I don’t feel very comfortable in stores. I’ve been trying to put more effort into my appearance lately, not because I necessarily care how I look to other people but more as a sort of self-care strategy.
- Two of my guinea pigs are having some gastrointestinal problems. I have some medicine left over from a while back, and I’m hoping it will clear up and not turn into something bigger. Any time Oreo is bothered about something she leaps into action as a hairdressing phenom, and she has recently given her sister Cookie a mullet.
How has your week been?
Image credit: Rawpixel on Pixabay