Woot woot! I’ve been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Eternal Conversations, Therapy Bits, My Inner MishMash, This Girls’ Got Curves, and Scarlett’s BPD corner. Thanks so much! And for anyone who hasn’t already checked out these blogs, you should most definitely do so.
What I like most about doing these award posts is hopefully being able to give people some new ideas of great blogs to follow. To those I’m nominated, please don’t feel like you have to do an award post. I know they can be a lot to take on, and I certainly take my sweet time doing them.
The Mystery Blogger Award:
Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things(facts or anything you want to share) about yourself.
- Answer the questions you were asked(if any)
- Nominate 10 – 20 people & notify.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions(optional) of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
Question from Eternal Conversations:
If you’re supposed to become an animal, then what animal on this whole planet you would like/choose to become ?! I would pick dolphin. They’re smart and they get to frolic around in the water – sounds like a pretty good existence!
Questions from Therapy Bits:
- How do you view your past? I try to avoid looking at the past, which is probably not a good thing.
- How do you view your future? I used to have a fairly clear idea of what my future might be like, but now I have no idea.
- What is the most gooey, cheesy thing you like to eat? Mac and cheese with bacon.
- If you changed careers for the love of it, what would you be doing? I love my career as a nurse and wouldn’t change that, but I would like to change up where I’m working.
- Do you consider yourself to be good at math(s)? I’m good enough to do basic math in my head, but it’s never been a subject that really interested me.
Questions from My Inner MishMash:
- What’s your biggest fear? Spiders. If I’m watching a movie or something that shows a spider I need to cover my eyes until it’s gone.
- What’s your biggest accomplishment in life? I was really proud of getting my master’s degree in psychiatric nursing.
- How many Jacks or Jackies do you know and do you like them (this weird one). Hmm, the only person I can think of is a girl I knew way back in university. She had a nice alliterative name (jackie Jarvis), and yes, I did like her.
- Do you like your job? If you’re not working, what job would you like to have? I love being a nurse, but my current jobs are just so-so.
- Do you write anything else besides on your blog? I’ve done some guest posts on other sites, and in the past I’ve written about mental health in several nursing journals.
Questions from This Girl’s Got Curves:
- What do you want to be doing five years from now? I really don’t know. I used to have a much clearer idea of where I wanted my life to go, but the future has gotten a lot fuzzier.
- Who do you most look up to and why (alive or dead, famous or family)? I really admire the Dalai Lama and the message he puts out to the world.
- What do you do first in the morning? Feed the guinea pigs. Sometimes they can tell I’m awake because they hear me shifting around in bed and they start squeaking to demand their food NOW.
- What is your favorite song?
- (Silly) What is the oldest thing in your fridge? Probably fish sauce that I use for Thai cooking. I don’t know why they make the bottle so big when you use so little at a time. I figure there’s so much salt and who knows what else in there that it just never goes bad.
Questions from Scarlett’s BPD Corner:
- What was the most important experience in your life? Probably my first episode of depression when I got really sick and spent 2 months in hospital. Not important in a good way, but it hugely impacted the direction my life has gone in since then.
- What makes you keep going? Probably inertia, mostly. My pet guinea pigs are also helpful in this respect.
- If you had to choose between streaking and eating the same meal for 5 years, what would you choose? That would depend on so many factors, but probably the same meal.
- What was the post you enjoyed writng the most? Talk a bit about it and why it made you feel so much enjoyment? I think I get the most satisfaction out of posts that involve ranting about stigma. There’s just something satisfying about a good rant.
- What is your favorite topic or theme to talk about in your blog? Anything mental health-related.
I’ve picked as nominees blogs that (at least according to the vast wisdom of my blogging spreadsheet) I haven’t nominated for awards before. Rather than give you new questions to answer, feel free to pick from whichever of the questions I was asked that you find the most interesting.
- A Balancing Act
- After the Party
- Living & Loving Through Recovery
- Living with Butterflies
- Living with Mental Disorders
- How I Killed Betty
- Rabbit in a Fox Mask
- Recovery, etc
- The Ballpit in my Brain
- The Face Behind Depression
So my friends, there you have it. Thanks again to Eternal Conversations, Therapy Bits, My Inner MishMash, This Girls’ Got Curves, and Scarlett’s BPD corner! xoxo I hope you’ll check out all of the blogs I’ve linked to in this post, because they are fabulous.