I’ve seen other bloggers talk about having a self-care box (also referred to as a coping box or various other names), and I decided I want to give it a go myself. I decided to make it small and easily portable, because it’s when I’m away from home that I feel the most lost in episodes of crisis. My hope is that this little box of goodies will make it a little easier.
Here’s what I decided to include in my box:
- The box itself: It’s cute, red, and heart-shaped
- Cozy socks: I tend to have cold feet, so I love the feel of warm, soft, fuzzy socks
- Avocado and clay face mask: This won’t always be useful when out and about, but could be nice on those occasions when I hide out in a bathroom to cry.
- Mini jigsaw puzzle: The puzzle itself can be a nice distraction, but the best part is the pieces are made from cedar wood, so it smells amazing.
- Quatchi: This little guy was one of the mascots for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. Quatchi is soft and cute, and I have good memories associated with that time.
- Strawberry lip balm: This smells and feels nice.
- Photos: Several photos of positive things, including some guinea pigs and childhood pics.
Do you have a self-care box? If so, what do you have in it?