Ok, so this is very much a shortcut, but here’s the deal. I feel so honoured to have gotten award nominations recently from several amazing bloggers for three different blog awards. I find I have a hard time giving these kinds of posts the concentration they deserve, so I’m going to roll them all into one to make it a bit easier.
My nominations came from the following lovely bloggers that you should definitely check out if you haven’t already:
- Mental Illness – Recovery is a Roller Coaster (Awesome Blogger)
- Mentallynotreyt (Liebster)
- Not Easily Broken (Liebster)
- Patrick Real Stories (Liebster)
- Stigma Unraveled (Liebster)
- This Girl’s Got Curves (Mystery Blogger)
Liebster Award: The word liebster means beloved in German, which makes a nice name for an award. For anyone who’s read a few Liebster award posts, the rules are always a little (or a lot) different – it reminds me of the kids game of telephone. I’m just going to go with the simplest set of rules from among the nominations I received:
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you.
- Provide a link to their blog.
- Include the award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Nominate 10 recently followed bloggers and share your post with them, so they can see it.
- Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Mystery Blogger Award: It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion. It appears to have been started by Okoto Enigma.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer the questions you were asked
- Nominate 10 – 20 people & notify
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Awesome Blogger Award: “This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.” Created by Miss Maggie @ Dreaming of Guatemala
The rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated
Ok, so here’s 3 things about me:
- Travelling is my biggest passion in life. Not that I feel passionate about much of anything right now, but I hope to get that back.
- I think chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven.
- I find laundry relaxing. Yup, it’s weird, but it just feels so simple and domestic.
Questions asked of me: This is an assortment of questions drawn from the various questions that came to me.
- What changes would you like to see in the world within the next ten years? I would like to see the stigma around mental illness dwindle away to nothing.
- Do you own any pets? If so, what kind? I have 5 beautiful guinea pigs, and to be honest if I lived in a house rather than a condo I’d probably have a mini-barn in the backyard with closer to 50.
- What is your least liked thing about blogging? I find it easy to get overwhelmed. It wouldn’t be as overwhelming if I didn’t spend as much time reading, but at the same time I enjoy being able to read other people’s blogs just as much as I like writing my own.
- How in touch are you with your surroundings? I am the most unobservant person in the world, and I would make an awful police witness. But when I’m relaxed and not doing anything I’m much more mindful of what’s around me.
- What is your favorite social media site? I’m not a big fan of social media, but there is a lot of amazing content on Twitter.
- Do you wake up early or like to sleep late? I go to bed crazy early and wake up early. I like having quiet time to myself before the rest of the world wakes up.
- Where would you most like to visit and why? I would like to go to Lhasa in Tibet. It seems like such a different world, and in a spectacular setting.
- If you could have a drink (can be water) with anyone alive or dead, who would you choose? Nelson Mandela if I was looking for inspiration, or Sigmund Freud if I was looking for more of a bizarre, surreal, am-I-on-another-planet kind of experience.
- What is your favourite book? Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I like how feisty Elizabeth Bennett is.
- If you could be any animal what would you be? A dolphin – they’re intelligent, and it seems like a nice life swimming around in the ocean. Or maybe a guinea pig – life is as simple as eat, poop, and sleep.
My nominations: It’s always so hard to narrow this down! I’ve done up a little spreadsheet for myself to try to keep me a bit more organized, but it doesn’t really make it much easier! Please consider yourself nominated for any or all of these awards, and if it’s a bit more than you’re able to take on I get it completely. As for questions, I’m going to pass on to you the same hodgepodge that I picked above.
- Anxiety Warrior
- Her Patchwork Heart
- Mentally Not Reyt (I’m shooting the Awesome Blogger Award your way sister)
- Moods Meds Meals
- Motivation Against Depression
- My life… in the moment
- Small World, Big Miracles
- The Kintsokuroi Life
- Vision of the Night
So there you have it, my own little awards menage a trois. I hope you’ll have a look at the bloggers mentioned in this post – after all, that’s what makes this whole blog awards thing so cool!