It’s so amazing to get another Liebster Award nomination, this time from Girl with the Paw Print Tattoo, who writes courageously about vaginismus, a topic that too often remains silenced in the shadows. Her blog is a great example of the value of speaking up about taboo subjects.
I get easily overwhelmed by this kind of thing, so I’m going to try to keep it short and sweet. What excites me most about these awards is the chance to spread the word about some cool blogs people may not have checked out before.
What is the Liebster Award?
From what I understand, and through a little research, the Liebster Award is a recognition award from one blogger to another. The word Liebster means “dearest” or “beloved.” Through these awards, we can learn more about our fellow bloggers. This helps us to discover and be discovered.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nominations.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Questions from Girl With the Paw Print Tattoo:
- Why did you start blogging? It’s a great way to talk about important issues and share ideas with people.
- What is your favorite movie? Dirty Dancing. I’ve seen it so often I’ve pretty much got the lines memorized.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Right here in Vancouver, Canada
- What is your favorite season? Early fall
- What is your favorite holiday? It’s always been Christmas, although my illness has made me pretty indifferent to it the last couple of years.
- Dogs or cats? Guinea pigs.
- Coffee or tea? Tea for relaxing at home, coffee for an energy boost when out and about
- What is your favorite book? A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Darwin. The ending always makes me cry.
- If you were only given one meal to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be? I’d say Cheerios; it’s not exciting, but when I’m coming home from backpacking overseas, it’s always the food I look forward to the most.
- What is your favorite hobby? Blogging!
- Who is your favorite band? I don’t know if I have a favourite. I’ve got quite a random assortment on my iPhone playlist.
Random facts about me: They’re all travel-related because I can’t think of anything else right now.
- I’ve travelled to 37 different countries.
- Australia and Antarctica are the only continents I haven’t visited.
- I spent a couple of nights in a yurt in Kyrgyzstan
- I got groped by my guide while doing a semi-controlled fall/dismount off a horse on the way to the yurt
- The cheapest accommodation I’ve stayed in was $1 USD/night in Cambodia
- I’ve been to Auschwitz and the Killing Fields in Cambodia. Disturbing stuff.
- I ate snail soup for breakfast in Vietnam.
- I threw up multiple times while flying over the Nazca Lines in Peru.
- In France there were multiple occasions I was served wine with ice cubes. If it’s good enough for them, it’s good enough for me.
- Egypt was the country where I’ve encountered the creepiest men.
- I would really like to go to Tibet for my next trip.
My nominees: There are so many amazing blogs out there, which makes it tough to narrow it down. This time around I’m nominating some blogs that don’t have a lot of followers yet.
- Living With Bipolar II
- My Battle – The Struggles of Depression
- Anxiety Diaries
- Let’s Kick Anxiety and Depression
- Depression is Shit
- Confessions of a Borderline
- Let’s Talk Depression
- Kill the Stigma
- Breathe Underwater
- Mental Illness – It Does Not Define You
- Mental Health Diary
Questions for the nominees: I don’t really have it in me to be creative right now, so I’m going to recycle the questions I got from Girl with the Paw Print Tattoo.
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite movie?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What is your favorite season?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Dogs or cats?
- Coffee or tea?
- What is your favorite book?
- If you were only given one meal to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- Who is your favorite band?
Thanks again to Girl With the Paw Print Tattoo, and happy blogging and reading everybody 🙂