What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award serves to bring new bloggers some recognition as well as some well-needed motivation. This blogging community is brought closer each year through this award which enables us to support each other.
Here are the rules If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 12 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
Now the most exciting part of all of this is to make some nominations of my own and share with you some of blogs I’m loving right now that have less than 200 followers. You should definitely check them out. My nominations are (in no particular order):
- Letters of Hope From the Soul
- Happy Mentality
- Nourish My Life
- Mental Illness: It Does Not Define You
- Convolute Me
- My Battle: The Struggles of Depression
- Reclaiming My Sanity
- The Asylum
- Confessions of a Borderline
- Stigma Unraveled
- This Bipolar Brat
- Living With Bipolar II
I’m going to skip the 10 facts about me because I’m just coming off a week of night shifts and my brain is working rather slowly, and instead I’ll move on to answering the 10 questions posed by Shannon. Oh, and nominees, I’m passing the same 10 questions on to you (again, creativity is just not happening in my brain right now, so can’t come up with 10 questions of my own).
- Why did you start blogging and where were you when you started your blog? I started my blog 2 months ago. I wasn’t working much, and wanted to do something useful with my time.
- Do you ever fall out of love with blogging? I haven’t been at it long enough to get bored yet.
- What’s your favourite movie? Dirty Dancing – “no one puts Baby in a corner”
- Favourite make up (or hair/body care) product? Eye shadow – it’s fun to experiment with colours.
- What app do you use the most to promote your blog? I don’t do anything blog-related on my smartphone, so no apps, but I have started using Twitter.
- What’s your favourite memory do you have while you have been blogging? I usually write my posts a couple of days before I publish them, but it’s been great to throw in some spontaneity once in a while.
- Are you glad you started blogging? definitely
- What advice would you give to newbie bloggers? Try not to worry about follows and likes and all of that business. Just enjoy writing and reading!
- How often do you post? 2-3 times per week usually
- What would you want to happen in a year time for you and your blog? Mostly I just want to keep feeling good about the experience of blogging.
- What make up or (hair/body care) product is your least favourite and why? I don’t like foundation, because I don’t like to feel like I’m wearing makeup.
Thanks again Shannon for the nomination, and thanks also to my nominees for sharing your words on the important topic of mental health.